Thursday, January 9, 2014

The New Year

So a new year. A new chance, as many people see it. I see it as another day, another day with another chance just as every day is. Just because we changed a number on our calendars doesn't give us any special opportunity for change. I propose that we have the same option for change every day of our lives the only difference in the turning of the year is the insinuative to make that change. For this year I will try to read 100 books and I want to finish a first draft of my fiction book. Now I could have made these goals any day at any hour but I saved such goals for the new year. Why? Because it is seen as an oppertunity. People are very bad at noticing the opportunities in front of their faces or sometimes they just ignore them, but the new year is a big fat obvious time for change and we don't ignore it quite as easily. Will this big marker in time people make their goals for the year, they plan to improve their life in some way or another, but how many people actually do it? My goal of reading 100 books for example I expect that if I really try I will be able to make 80 maybe 90 by the end of the year. So why do I put my goal at 100? I want a larger at life goal just like I want a larger than life time to set the goal it's more intuitive. People don't always realize just how much they need that big push. So I suggest this year, since you probably need that push, that you make a new goal to not wait for a big push and instead looks for the little nudges search for the opportunities instead of letting them pass you by because there are just so many every single day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment