I'm asking myself this... mostly as an incentive to write something now. But... I guess if I think about it there are a few reasons.
1. I write not because I like the actual writing itself but because I like to tell stories. I like the creativity of it. I mean, I can draw pretty well but that's just copying stuff down. I can't draw anything just out of my head. I can write, though. I can come up with stories and people and give them little imaginary lives and put it down on a piece of paper. I like that about writing. I like taking something from my own mind and then putting it somewhere else. It makes my thoughts real.
2. I write for the dedications. I want to get a book published very badly. (That also means I want to finish one) I want to be able to write a dedication for my story to someone important to me. That's one of the main reasons I want to publish a story. If I didn't want to be able to dedicate my story to someone I might not, (aside from writing stories that may be important for people to hear) I might not need to publish a book. I could just write for myself. But I want to dedicate my stories, because I have soooo many people to dedicate them to.
3. I want my stories to be heard. For this reason I also want them to be important. I write for other people. That's the point after all. To share my voice. I mean I read to learn what other people think, so I ought to give a little back. So some people tell me I have things to say and I take them for their word. I write to tell other people what I think. Isn't that the point?
4. I suppose my selfish reason is that it's fun. As I said, I don't like the sitting down and typing for a few hours part, but I love my characters and it would be unfair to just leave them in my head.
I don't know if these are good reasons, or even the real reasons. I will probably always settle, not on these answers but just the answer that I write because I write. And that's all.
I write because I write.
3. I want my stories to be heard. For this reason I also want them to be important. I write for other people. That's the point after all. To share my voice. I mean I read to learn what other people think, so I ought to give a little back. So some people tell me I have things to say and I take them for their word. I write to tell other people what I think. Isn't that the point?
4. I suppose my selfish reason is that it's fun. As I said, I don't like the sitting down and typing for a few hours part, but I love my characters and it would be unfair to just leave them in my head.
I don't know if these are good reasons, or even the real reasons. I will probably always settle, not on these answers but just the answer that I write because I write. And that's all.
I write because I write.
No comments:
Post a Comment