Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Restlessness


There is a restlessness in my soul. It dwells within and will not be washed out. It twirls and dances and can be beautiful. But it rages up in great passions and has great fears as well. It feels with the strength that moves mountains. This still restlessness, I feel it so strong, and yet it is so very, very quiet. When it speaks it does so in whispers. This is what drives me to action. When I do anything great it comes from this restlessness. When I fail it is this that catches my tears and morphs them into determination. It cannot be rightly described, not with all the words, but I tell you this. This restlessness, it is good and true. It conflicts my soul and gives me grief and guilt. These unpleasant feelings keep me good and true. I do not always like it, but I do love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment