I am not a math person. But I do understand the beauty of it to those who are. The beauty is that it is an escape form the chaos of life. Where so many things are uncertain math is always the same. It is something we can know and see and it is always true. When people lie math never does.
I love the chaos of life, I revel in the unrest, and that is why I am not a math person. But math is soothing to the soul. It is complex, that is true, but it is a numerical attempt to put into defiant terms a world which is far more complex than math could ever be. And in a way this is a wonderful and beautiful thing. It shows man's will to dominate a world which he cannot control, and his wish for something peaceful and predictable. And this is what math strives to do, it searches for patterns in a world where there seem to be none. Isn't that wonderful?
No comments:
Post a Comment